jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Guy Spillman" <gspill...@hal-inc.com>
Subject Re: problems with Oracle
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:20:25 GMT
Have created a new user/schema to test with.  The same
problem exists.  Oracle did not log anything to it's
alert log.  It has no problems with initializing and
using it's tables the first time.  The problem exists
when you restart the server and it tries to access an
existing empty file (/.locks).

Guy M. Spillman, Jr.

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:43:12 +0100, "Stefan Guggisberg"
wrote:

> annie and guy,
>
> thanks for your feedback. did you test with an
initially
> empty schema? data from previous versions could
> cause problems.
>
> strange, i know we had installs running on oracle 9i
> without problems . at least there shouldn't be any
> issues with OraclePersistenceManager, at least that's
> what i thought.
>
> i quickly verified that it works with oracle 10.
> i'll try to find an oracle 9i install for testing,
> but that's not gonna be easy...
>
> if you could test again the current OracleFileSystem &
> OraclePersistenceManager versions with a virgin
> schema and report back any issues incl. full stack
> traces
> and log files that would be a great help. please
attach