jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Daglian, Michael \(IT\)" <Michael.Dagl...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Using importXML with existing content
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:12:03 GMT
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere before but I couldn't find
anything via my searching. I was wondering how I could go about using
the import xml mechanisms to update the state of one repository into
another. My scenario is pretty simple: two Jackrabbit instances each
with the same content. When one gets updated I would like to ship out
system-view xml to the other and keep it in sync. I would have assumed
that the UUID collision behavior could be used to remove/replace the
existing content in the backup but
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.xml.WorkspaceImporter throws an
ItemExistsException if content of the same name is imported without
consulting the UUID behavior flag. Does the spec outline the behavior in
this scenario? Is there a recommended in approach for this sort of use
case? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

-- Mike