jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Herber" <patrick.her...@ticino.com>
Subject JCR for everything (...or still some use of RDB)?
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:38:22 GMT
Hello,

I'm currently working at the design of a web collaboration application
(things like knowledge-, time-, projects-, ... management) and I tought it
would be very interesting to use jackrabbit for storing the content, since
many features I need, like versioning, observation, access control, ...,
come fast "out-of-the-box".

Now, I'm new to Content Repositories and also to jackrabbit and I'm
wondering: it's suggested to save everything in the content repository or,
for some parts, of the application data is still prefered the use of a
relational DB?
I'm thinking, using the example of my project, about relationships between
the different "content-objects", or about ratings and tags, which users can
give to these objects.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Best regards,
Patrick