jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Marcin Nowak" <marcin.j.no...@comarch.com>
Subject RE: PersistenceManagers Benchmark
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 06:16:22 GMT
Hi,

Regarding stress tests, I need to know where are the limitations of
importing XML's and where is a huge memory usage coming from.

BR,
Marcin Nowak

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 1:35 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: PersistenceManagers Benchmark

On 10/26/06, Nicolas <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alexandru,
>
> Test NG is indeed an excellent idea. I will have a close look at it.

... and the help on using it is guaranteed ;-)

> The next step is I think to define the test suite.
>
> Currently we have found to check for:
>
> 1/ concurrencies
> 2/ stress test
> 3/ JCR test suite
>
> Any other ideas?

I am not sure what do you mean by the above. I think the suite should
contain:

- insert tests
- retrieve tests
- fetch tests
- query tests

>From this we can easily create load + stress tests. I think we can
start looking at the current available tests (maybe Jackrabbit
committers will help us identify the aboves) and then move them little
by little.

Here is an example (considering that in TestNG you can easily pass
parameters to tests and so on):

initial test (existing test - I assume JUnit test):

public void testCreateNodeTest() {
   // node creation test
}

>From this one we can extract a common method (that will be invoked by
load or stress test):

public void createNodeTest(int numberOfNodes) {
}

Then, load test:

@Test
@Parameters({"createNumberOfNodes"})
public createNodesLoadTest(int numberOfNodes) {
   // tracking code
   createNodeTest(numberOfNodes);
}

and the stress test:

@Test(invocationCount=50, threadPoolSize=25)
@Parameters({"createNumberOfNodes"})
public createNodesLoadTest(int numberOfNodes) {
  // tracking code
  createNodeTest(numberOfNodes)
}

If we want this refined then we can start refactoring the measurement
code into @Before/@After methods.

Does this make any sense to you?

./alex
--