jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nicolas " <nto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Override property protected attribute
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:24:22 GMT
I didn't develop something like this for the backup tool. What I did was
adding a flag in the PropInfo class for this purpose.

As Stefan wrote: "no. great care has been taken so far to avoid loopholes in
the core in order to prevent security/data consistency issues."

It seems your issue is a lot more common than expected: sometimes, we need
to escape protected checks. Maybe we should add the flag you describe but
allow it only for custom node types.

If you can create consensus on this, I would be happy to help you on this.
Actually, it would ease the backup tool's life a lot.

What do you think?

Nico