jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nicolas " <nto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Override property protected attribute
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:00:50 GMT
Hi David,

There is a way for this with regards to the backup/restore. The code is both
ready and in progress :p

Ready b/c it works but outside the core.

In progress b/c we are currently integrating it in the core (see JIRA issue
on refactoring of WorkspaceImporter and refactoring of Backup tool). The
initial strategy was to avoid it but now we want to :)

Most of the patches are nearly ready, we are waiting the 1.1 release before
Jukka can review and integrate the patches. Hopefully, everything should be
integrated in the core soon.

About your scenario, you could use some subset of the backup tool to achieve
what you want: restore operations restores everything including original
UUID.

If you import a protected property, it will be imported as it is.

The drawback is you'd have to use SystemView XML export or configure the
backup tool.

 Do you need more details?

BR,
Nicolas