jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Philip Q <p.li...@partylemon.com>
Subject Setting up search
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:41:39 GMT

I'm trying to get searching going on a repository and before I start
banging my head against the wall, I'm trying to figure some things out:

1. There are two (major) custom nodetypes in the repository, one
designed to store plain-text data, the other is designed to store binary
data (just in properties of those nodetypes).
Do I need to do anything special to convince Jackrabbit to index these
nodes? What about processing the binary data with the textfilters?

2. How would I search the binary data? Would a standard XPath query work
on it as-if it was plain-text (assuming it was an PDF/Word/parseable file)?

3. Since I can't do a full-text query with the JCR/Jackrabbit interface,
but I assume I can just use Lucene to open the index. If I did, what
field(s) would I need to query, and what kind of path would I get back?
(A pointer to the source code that does this would also be very helpful).

View raw message