jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com>
Subject Performance problem with references
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:37:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm experiencing an extreme performance/storage problem with references. In my
case I got node(document) that reference another node(state) by reference. This
state node is referenced by about 100.000 document nodes (still growing to about
1.000.000). As NodeReferences get persisted on every change, there is a lot of
data written to the database on each added reference.
What is the best way to handle this number of references? Is there a better way
than saving the state uuid as string property an hence give up referencial
integrity?

Cheers,
Christoph