jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie seeking a leg up
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:01:53 GMT
Hi Sean,

> Will do. We're hoping to run some basic tests in a couple of days.
Looking forward to that.

> Yep. We were part of the way towards implementing our own content
> repository when we found JSR-170. Our main user requirement is a
> snappy user experience, which equates to rapid query results.
The "Content Model" can certainly affect your performance more than
anything else. In my experience using hierarchies in a smart way
can help avoiding a lot of queries. I can certainly see a difference
between a traditional RDB data model and a good "Content
Model", so if you don't mind sharing your content model we may be
able to propose optimizations, based on the Jackrabbit internals
and your application needs.

> Hopefully JackRabbit will fit the bill, like most Jakarta
> projects do ;-).
As mentioned above, sometimes the "Content Model"
makes all the difference.

regards,
david