jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working with JCR in highly concurrent applications
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 06:22:17 GMT
> Hi,

> > Thanks Yukka. That's what I have thought too, but I was looking more
> > for technical arguments, so that I understand the real risk. Or at
> > least a pointer to where to look for possible problems.
> >
> > I mean, if the access through the shared Session is read-only, what
> > can go wrong? Have a node/property loaded 2 times? That's not so
> > bad/risky (at least at first glance :-) ).
>
> Hmm, I've never thought about it from that angle.

There are always corner scenarios that you can take advantage of ;-).

> There are some
> internal caches that get modified even in read-only sessions. I don't
> think those data structures are thread-safe, so you might end up
> corrupting the internal state.

Yes, I've noticed those but I remember most of them were synched
collections. However, I will try to recheck. If you can point some
places upfront that would be great, and would limit my research a lot.

many thanks,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.