jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working with JCR in highly concurrent applications
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 04:59:11 GMT
> Hi,

> > There is still some not yet answered question about JCR Session usage:
> > can it be used as a long-live object and shared between different
> > threads? Is it dangerous to do so?
>
> Yes. JCR sessions are not thread-safe so you should not try to use one
> concurrently from multiple threads. If you want, you can use a
> session-pool from which you borrow a sessions whenever one is needed
> to avoid the session startup cost and to keep caches loaded.

Thanks Yukka. That's what I have thought too, but I was looking more
for technical arguments, so that I understand the real risk. Or at
least a pointer to where to look for possible problems.

I mean, if the access through the shared Session is read-only, what
can go wrong? Have a node/property loaded 2 times? That's not so
bad/risky (at least at first glance :-) ).

BR,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.