jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: possible performance problem (need a way to test it)
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:58:35 GMT
On 9/18/06, Miro Walker <miro.walker@cognifide.com> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I think the investigation is a good idea, but the way we sidestepped any
> issues like this was to have our application maintain a pool of sessions
> that are shared out between user threads. This works for us as we are
> handling user locking and security in the application tier - I guess it
> depends on your overall architecture, but it might be worth considering
> if you're planning very high concurrency.
>
> miro

Thanks for the idea Miro. I was thinking about this in the past, but
as I pointed out not the session creation is the problem but the query
execution. So, I am not sure how this would help me. Also, from
previous discussions my understanding is that Session creation should
be a quite simple/chiep operation (maybe a good comparison would be
with a Hibernate Session).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.