jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory - adding lots of nodes in one session
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:38:53 GMT
On 9/1/06, Michael Neale <michael.neale@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Marcel.
>
> Yeah, each iteration it adds a node, saves the session, checks-in the node,
> and then moves on to the next (random data, several properties).
> If I bump up the memory, it certainly works a lot better (-Xmx300M). Its
> really quite basic.

As far as I discussed in the past the creation of a Session should be
a pretty light process, so you still have the workaround to logout
after processing a bulk.
(I am not saying that this is good).

> The error is simple an OutMemoryException that happens between  400 and 700
> nodes.
>
> I will try the other persistence manager test, probably a good idea to see
> if it is related to the implementation PM  for Derby (probably not). I will
> post back the results.

No, I don't think it is related to PMs, but with the Session
implementation which caches everything it accessed (I may be a little
wrong about this, but that's what I remember).

> From what people are saying, it doesn't sound like I am trying to do
> anything too wierd, and that there have been some tests done in the past
> (any one that can point me to them it would be appreciated).

I think it would help us a lot if you can submit some code, so that
people can try to reproduce the issue.

./alex
--
:Architect of InfoQ.com: