jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From David Kennedy <da...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Override property protected attribute
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:41:00 GMT
I've seen discussions about this before through the mailing lists,
especially with regard to backup/restore, but I'm not sure of the
resolution.  Anyway, is there a way to override/bypass the protected
attribute of a property definition?  In my scenario, if I have a property
named foo:created and want to transfer a file from another system, I don't
want the foo:created date to be the date the node was created, but rather
the date the actual file was created.  Similarly for migration and
archive/restore scenarios.  Is there a mechanism to do this or is it left
to the application to manage the attributes of the property above the
repository?

David