jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From David Kennedy <da...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Override property protected attribute
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:39:51 GMT
"Nicolas " <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote on 09/19/2006 03:24:22 PM:

> I didn't develop something like this for the backup tool. What I did was
> adding a flag in the PropInfo class for this purpose.
>
> As Stefan wrote: "no. great care has been taken so far to avoid
loopholes in
> the core in order to prevent security/data consistency issues."

I agree that it is a loophole, but at the same time there are many use
cases where it is needed (e.g. external migration (re: export/import),
replication/syndication, archive/restore, etc.)  Ideally the capability
would be provided with security...ala a restricted set of administrative
users or administrative sessions)