jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Neale" <michael.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom AccessManager
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:03:26 GMT
I have started to look into the AccessManager, and doing a custom
implementation for my needs for ACLs for certain node types.

I know SimpleAccessManager is of course simple, but can anyone give me
advice/pointers on how best to implement one - basically I want to
(optionally) restrict node access to users only in certain group memberships
- but this is determined per node (so each node has an access control list
of sorts?).

Anyone done something similar or heard of something similar they can point
me to?

>From trying out the AccessManager, basically I get thrown a UUID for a node
(possibly a node - may even be a property?) - so in theory I could look up a
(cached) ACL list for that node, compare it with the current subject?

Michael.

PS. how much am I wasting my time given that JCR2 may address some of this?