jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Neale" <michael.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie seeking a leg up
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 08:36:27 GMT
Hi Sean.

I was also looking in to how Jackrabbit behaved for my needs (I had some
specific numbers I was looking for) - the best thing I found was to just
build up some basic test code to load up enough nodes to verify it would do
roughly what I needed (which was a bit more effort then I thought, but I got
there in the end).

The moral of the tale: try it ! hack away and see how it behaves. For a
large flat structure like you are suggesting, it seems that save operations
can be a little slow (but slow is relative, in terms of user experience its
still fast) for large numbers of nodes under the same parent, but otherwise
seemed fine (I was also concerned with versioning a lot, which I am not sure
concerns you).