jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Neale" <michael.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory - adding lots of nodes in one session
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:30:03 GMT
Hi Marcel.

Yeah, each iteration it adds a node, saves the session, checks-in the node,
and then moves on to the next (random data, several properties).
If I bump up the memory, it certainly works a lot better (-Xmx300M). Its
really quite basic.

The error is simple an OutMemoryException that happens between  400 and 700
nodes.

I will try the other persistence manager test, probably a good idea to see
if it is related to the implementation PM  for Derby (probably not). I will
post back the results.

>From what people are saying, it doesn't sound like I am trying to do
anything too wierd, and that there have been some tests done in the past
(any one that can point me to them it would be appreciated).