jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error adding repository using jackrabbit snapshot 1.1: "Object bound not of type javax.jcr.Repository: found a (org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCAResourceAdapter)"
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:01:20 GMT
Hi jesper,

 According to the doc you should deploy the resource adapter as any
other application.
i.e add the weblogic-ra.xml file I sent in the rar file under the
folder META-INF.

Just to be sure it's working as expected you can deploy the webdav
server and check it connects successfully. Use the web.xml bellow. you
should be able to connect to the default workspace at
http://localhost:7001/jackrabbit-server/repository/default

Now, the last step is to connect from the portal, I can't help you
very much on this because I downloaded the free version which doesn't
include the portal. But according to the doc you should configure
weblogic to access the repository by setting the following properties:

Name: myRepository
ConnectionClass: com.day.content.spi.jsr170.JNDIRepository
Username: weblogic (in case you didn't change the default installation)
Password: weblogic (in case you didn't change the default installation)
jsr170.workspace: default
jsr170.jndi.name: jackrabbit

Hope this helps,
edgar

----------------------------  web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
<web-app>
    <display-name>Jackrabbit JCR Server</display-name>

    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <!-- L O G G I N G   S E R V L E T
         -->
    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>Logging</servlet-name>
        <description>The logging servlet configures the Log4J logging
facility.</description>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.LoggingServlet</servlet-class>

        <init-param>
            <param-name>log4j-config</param-name>
            <param-value>/WEB-INF/log4j.xml</param-value>
            <description>initial log4j configuration</description>
        </init-param>

        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <!-- R E P O S I T O R Y   S T A R T U P  S E R V L E T
         -->
    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <!--
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>RepositoryStartup</servlet-name>
        <description>
            Repository servlet that starts the repository and
registers it to JNDI ans RMI.
            If you already have the repository registered in this
appservers JNDI context,
            or if its accessible via RMI, you do not need to use this servlet.
        </description>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RepositoryStartupServlet</servlet-class>

        <init-param>
            <param-name>repository-config</param-name>
            <param-value>/WEB-INF/repository/repository.xml</param-value>
            <description>the repository config location</description>
        </init-param>

        <init-param>
            <param-name>repository-home</param-name>
            <param-value>jackrabbit/repository</param-value>
            <description>the repository home</description>
        </init-param>

        <init-param>
            <param-name>repository-name</param-name>
            <param-value>jackrabbit.repository</param-value>
            <description>Repository Name under which the repository is
registered via JNDI/RMI</description>
        </init-param>
	-->
        <!--
            the following 3 parameters deal with registering the repository to
            a RMI registry. if all parameters are omitted, the repository will
            not be registered.
        -->
        <!--
        <init-param>
            <param-name>rmi-port</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
            <description>
                The RMI port for registering the repository in the RMI Registry.
                If equals 0, the default port is used.
            </description>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>rmi-host</param-name>
            <param-value>localhost</param-value>
            <description>
                The RMI host for registering the repository in the RMI Registry.
                If equals "" or missing, the default host is used.
            </description>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>rmi-uri</param-name>
            <param-value></param-value>
            <description>
                The RMI uri for registering the repository in the RMI Registry.
                If missing, the uri is composed using the other rmi parameters
                and will have the format:
//{rmi-host}:{rmi-port}/{repository-name}
            </description>
        </init-param>
        -->
        <!--
            JNDI environment variables for creating the initial context
            (all init parameters starting with java.naming.* will be
added to the initial context environment).
        -->
     <!--
        <init-param>
            <param-name>java.naming.provider.url</param-name>
            <param-value>http://www.apache.org/jackrabbit</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>java.naming.factory.initial</param-name>
            <param-value>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.provider.DummyInitialContextFactory</param-value>
        </init-param>

        <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
     -->

    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <!-- R E P O S I T O R Y   S E R V L E T
         -->
    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>Repository</servlet-name>
        <description>
            This servlet provides other servlets and jsps a common way to access
            the repository. The repository can be accessed via JNDI,
RMI or Webdav.
        </description>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RepositoryAccessServlet</servlet-class>

        <init-param>
            <param-name>repository-name</param-name>
            <param-value>jackrabbit</param-value>
            <description>Repository Name that is used to retrieve it
via JNDI</description>
        </init-param>

        <!--
        <init-param>
            <param-name>missing-auth-mapping</param-name>
            <param-value>anonymous:anonymous</param-value>
            <description>
                Defines how a missing authorization header should be handled.
                1) If this init-param is missing, a 401 response is generated.
                   This is suiteable for clients (eg. webdav clients) for which
                   sending a proper authorization header is not possible if the
                   server never sent a 401.
                2) If this init-param is present with an empty value,
                   null-credentials are returned, thus forcing an null login
                   on the repository.
                3) If this init-param has a 'user:password' value, the
respective
                   simple credentials are generated.
            </description>
        </init-param>
        -->

        <!--
            JNDI environment variables for creating the initial context
            (all init parameters starting with java.naming.* will be
added to the initial context environment).

        <init-param>
            <param-name>java.naming.provider.url</param-name>
            <param-value>http://www.apache.org/jackrabbit</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>java.naming.factory.initial</param-name>
            <param-value>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.provider.DummyInitialContextFactory</param-value>
        </init-param>
        -->
        <!--
            RMI url, if RMI remoting is needed
        -->
        <!--
        <init-param>
            <param-name>rmi-uri</param-name>
            <param-value>///jackrabbit.repository</param-value>
            <description>The URI for the RMI connection.</description>
        </init-param>
        -->

        <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <!-- W E B D A V  S E R V L E T
          -->
    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>Webdav</servlet-name>
        <description>
            The webdav servlet that connects HTTP request to the repository.
        </description>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.SimpleWebdavServlet</servlet-class>

        <init-param>
            <param-name>resource-path-prefix</param-name>
            <param-value>/repository</param-value>
            <description>
                defines the prefix for spooling resources out of the repository.
            </description>
        </init-param>
        <!--
            Optional parameter to define the value of the
'WWW-Authenticate' header
        -->
        <!--
        <init-param>
            <param-name>authenticate-header</param-name>
            <param-value>Basic realm="Jackrabbit Webdav Server"</param-value>
            <description>
                Defines the value of the 'WWW-Authenticate' header.
            </description>
        </init-param>
        -->
        <!--
            Parameter used to configure behaviour of webdav resources such as:
            - destinction between collections and non-collections
            - resource filtering
        -->
        <init-param>
            <param-name>resource-config</param-name>
            <param-value>/WEB-INF/config.xml</param-value>
            <description>
                Defines various dav-resource configuration parameters.
            </description>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>4</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <!-- W E B D A V  S E R V E R  S E R V L E T
           -->
    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>JCRWebdavServer</servlet-name>
        <description>
            The webdav servlet that connects HTTP request to the repository.
        </description>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.JCRWebdavServerServlet</servlet-class>
        <!--
            Optional parameter to define the value of the
'WWW-Authenticate' header
        -->
        <!--
        <init-param>
            <param-name>authenticate-header</param-name>
            <param-value>Basic realm="Jackrabbit Webdav Server"</param-value>
            <description>
                Defines the value of the 'WWW-Authenticate' header.
            </description>
        </init-param>
        -->
        <init-param>
            <param-name>resource-path-prefix</param-name>
            <param-value>/server</param-value>
            <description>
                defines the prefix for spooling resources out of the repository.
            </description>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <!-- S E R V L E T   M A P P I N G
         -->
    <!-- ======================================================================
-->
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>Webdav</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/repository/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>JCRWebdavServer</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/server/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>