jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error adding repository using jackrabbit snapshot 1.1: "Object bound not of type javax.jcr.Repository: found a (org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCAResourceAdapter)"
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:03:23 GMT

 On 9/18/06, Jesper Klitgaard <jkl@netcompany.com> wrote:
> We print out our JNDI tree after deployment and can see our resourceadapter
> is bound to the name "jackrabbit". Next to the JNDI name is listed the
> object's class for the jackrabbit JNDI name. The name of the class is:
> "org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCAResourceAdapter".

I use Jboss and the jndi tree shows
  +- jcr (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   +- local (class: org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCARepositoryHandle)

when I lookup java:jcr/local I get a javax.jcr.Repository instance, so
I guess this it not a problem

> So it seems that the wrong class is being bound to the JNDI tree. Why, is
> still unclear to us and we can't really find any problems in our new_ra.xml
> and new_weblogic-ra.xml

Not sure what might be the cause. I'll try to deploy the jca connector
in bea asap and I'll let you know if I find something.

Just to be sure whether it's a 1.5 specific issue you could try the
1.0 ra.xml descriptor and let us know how it works.

> Regards
> Jesper Klitgaard

View raw message