jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Graeme Wilkinson" <grae...@enigma-interactive.co.uk>
Subject Repository Backup Tool
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 16:29:46 GMT
Has anybody managed to get the Repository Backup Tool working? It
compiles and runs fine, backing up my repository to a ZIP file. However,
when I go to restore from the backup I end up with an empty repository.
I have noticed in the backup tool code that there is no save() called at
any point on the session used for the import, I assume this is the
reason why with an empty repository as the changes are not saved to the
persistent storage. If I add a save myself I get the following
exception.

javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: /jcr:root: mandatory
child node {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}system does not exist         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.validateTransientItems(ItemImpl.java
:556)         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.save(ItemImpl.java:1162)         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:817)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.backup.WorkspaceBackup.restore(WorkspaceBackup.jav
a:154)         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.backup.AllWorkspacesBackup.restore(AllWorkspacesBa
ckup.java:101)         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.backup.BackupManager.restore(BackupManager.java:13
8)         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.backup.LaunchBackup.restore(LaunchBackup.java:298)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.backup.LaunchBackup.main(LaunchBackup.java:174)
Exception in thread "main"

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Graeme