jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From JavaJ <ponfa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Version properties
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:10:37 GMT

I'm having a problem with getting Node properties from the different Versions
of a Node.  For example:

javax.jcr.Node node = session.getNodeByUUID(id);
javax.jcr.version.VersionIterator it =
nodeToRestore.getVersionHistory().getAllVersions();
while (it.hasNext()) {
    javax.jcr.version.Version version = it.nextVersion();
    version.getProperty("myProp");  <-- this throws a PathNotFoundException
}

I'm not sure why this throws the exception.   I thought that Version is just
a wrapper around the versioned Node.  So shouldn't you be able to get all
the properties in that version of the Node?  It appears that only the
mix:versionable properties are available, i.e. jcr:predecessors,
jcr:isCheckedOut...

Is there a way around this?  Like maybe a way of getting the versionable
Node?