jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working with JCR in highly concurrent applications
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:12:56 GMT
Hi,

> The second approach was to manually navigate the parent child nodes,
> read just a couple of properties in the first place so that I do
> manually the filtering, and only afterwards fetch the entire node
> properties.
>
> Once again, the performance is going down 2-3 order of magnitude (from
> hundreds of ms down to ten thousands (even hundred thousand) ms).

Hmm, could you send the test case you are running? I just did a
concurrency test that reads a property from random locations within a
content tree of 10k nodes. The property access time is nicely linear
with concurrent threads, each thread taking about 18s of wall clock
time to read 1000 properties with 100 concurrent threads running on my
laptop.

BR,

Jukka Zitting