jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: possible performance problem (need a way to test it)
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:36:29 GMT
Hi,

> I have identified a possible performance problem with high concurrency
> querying against JCR. Still, I would like to have an easy way to
> reproduce it, so that I can profile it. I am wondering if there are in
> the Jackrabbit source base good samples on how to set up a quick
> testing repository.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but the
TestRepository in org.apache.jackrabbit.core was designed for easy
test cases. Something like the following would probably suit your
needs:

    final Repository repository = TestRepository.getInstance();
    // TODO: Fill in the repository with test data (perhaps using XML import)
    for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++) {
        new Thread() {
            public void run() {
                try {
                    Session session = repository.login();
                    try {
                        // TODO: Run concurrent tests
                    } finally {
                        session.logout();
                    }
                } catch (RepositoryException e) {
                    e.printStackTrace();
                }
            }
        }.start();
    }

No advance configuration required. See the TestRepository javadocs for
the details.

BR,

Jukka Zitting