jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JR build issue
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:50:33 GMT
Hi,

On 9/4/06, Roberto Fonti <roberto.fonti@buongiorno.com> wrote:
> I cannot build jackrabbit sources using maven.
> I get the following error:
> [...]
> Invalid escape character at line 1 column 64.
> [...]
> I tried both jdk1.4 and jdk1.5, maven 1.0.2 and maven 1.1 on Windows XP.

I have no problems building Jackrabbit on Windows XP. My environment
is Maven 1.0.2 with JDK 1.6.

It might be an issue with the Maven 1.1-beta-3 version you're using,
it seems to come with a more recent version of the Maven JavaCC plugin
than 1.0.2. And having a more recent plugin version in the Maven cache
probably makes also Maven 1.0.2 use that so you end up with the same
error. (Just guessing here... :-)

Try clearing the .maven/cache directory and running "maven clean jar"
using Maven 1.0.2.

BR,

Jukka Zitting