jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Joins in SQL and searching for node by nodeType
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 22:26:02 GMT
Hi,

On 9/7/06, dan <danz8086@hotmail.com> wrote:
> One of the facts outlined by Marcel is that "joins in SQL are not supported
> in jackrabbit". Is this still the case as of Jackrabbit 1.0.1?

Yes, and it will be the case also for the upcoming 1.1 release. I'm
not aware of any current efforts to implement more complex relational
operations in Jackrabbit.

> Another question is, what is the best way to do something like
> node.getNodes(NodeType), which returns only those child nodes of specified
> nodeType (or subtypes of given type)?

You can either filter the full list of child nodes returned by
Node.getNodes() or use the XPath element() function in a search like
"/jcr:root/path/to/node/element(*,my-node-type)".

BR,

Jukka Zitting