jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory - adding lots of nodes in one session
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:11:34 GMT
Michael Neale wrote:
> It screams through for about the first 100 nodes, but then slows down in
> that familiar exponential way, generally failing around 500 nodes. If I
> start it up again, and continue adding more, it powers on just fine.

can you please clarify what exactly your code does?

I understand there is node somewhere in the workspace where you start
to add child nodes. each child nodes has a couple of properties you
mentioned.

Do you save the session whenever you add 1 child node? or after a
certain number of child nodes?

What exception is thrown when you reach the 500 child nodes?

regards
  marcel