jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Doug Douglass" <douglass.d...@gmail.com>
Subject model 2 jackrabbit deployment on JBoss, missing user.properties?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:51:12 GMT
I've just gotten our jackrabbit deployed into JBoss as a model 2 deployment
and I'm getting "javax.jcr.LoginException: Missing users.properties file.".
Searching around I see references to this error message, but no resolution.

Some more specifics:

  We're using JBoss Spring Deployer to deploy a JCR-backed DAO layer into
JBoss for access from several web applications. The deployer loads our
Spring context, which configures a JcrTemplate (from Spring modules) to
access Jackrabbit and registers the context into JNDI. This all works fine,
the JBoss logs show the jackrabbit repository starting without problem.

  From within our webapps, we get the loaded Spring context via a JNDI
lookup and, from the Spring context, our DAO layer.

  But, trying to use the DAO layer to query jackrabbit produces the
exception noted above.

I think this is more related to JBoss and JAAS than JCR/Jackrabbit, but I'm
confused as to why the credentials in our Spring context are not being used.

TIA,
Doug