jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Hartford" <dhartf...@ghsinc.com>
Subject RE: Working with JCR in highly concurrent applications
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:09:07 GMT
Hi Alenadru,
Could you actually be hitting a hardware limitation versus software?  I
tried to follow this thread back but do not see the base hardware used.

In my small experience, once you have between 5-20 concurrent threads on
one processor (specifically regarding java, not C/C++), you may start
running into bottlenecks, and if you are pushing towards 100 concurrent
threads on one processor, that may be more of the problem.  My
experience wasn't necessarily in this scope, but something to consider
regarding java concurrent threads.

-D