jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fred Baube <f...@metadoc.fi>
Subject repository.xml: "Repository has no PersistenceManager"
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:34:12 GMT
Hi all,

A newbie here, with a newbie problem.

I am using a TransientRepository as in the examples.
At startup I am getting the error I have pasted below.
I get this in both 1.0.1 and the svn version.

It says <Repository> doesn't have a <PersistenceManager>.
But I have used the repository.xml included in the downloads,
and then a variation on it.

In these files, <PersistenceManager> is not a direct
child element of <Repository>, the nesting is
<Repository> => <Workspace> => <PersistenceManager>

So I also tried inserting a <PersistenceManager> directly under
<Repository>, but that did not solve the problem either.

Is this a known bug ?  Or am I making a simple mistake somewhere ?

I have attached my repository.xml, which may or not make it thru
the list remailer.  The error:

---------------------------------

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Invalid repository configuration: /opt/metadoc/conf/jackrabbitrepository.xml:
Configuration element PersistenceManager not found in Repository.: Configuration element PersistenceManager
not found in Repository.

at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository$2.getRepository(TransientRepository.java:250)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.startRepository(TransientRepository.java:265)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:333)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:363)
at (my own code)

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException: Configuration element
PersistenceManager not found in Repository.

at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationParser.getElement(ConfigurationParser.java:243)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationParser.getElement(ConfigurationParser.java:218)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationParser.parseBeanConfig(ConfigurationParser.java:105)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfigurationParser.parsePersistenceManagerConfig(RepositoryConfigurationParser.java:439)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfigurationParser.parseWorkspaceConfig(RepositoryConfigurationParser.java:328)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfig.loadWorkspaceConfig(RepositoryConfig.java:355)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfig.init(RepositoryConfig.java:310)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfig.create(RepositoryConfig.java:142)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfig.create(RepositoryConfig.java:83)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository$2.getRepository(TransientRepository.java:244)
... 6 more

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException: Configuration element PersistenceManager
not found in Repository.

[...]

thanks

fred

--