jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about version removing
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:36:19 GMT
Hi Alexander,

> Tried it in first place but encountered one problem - removing last version
> throws  VersionException with message "Unable to remove version. At least
> once referenced" and
Looking at your source code, it seems to me that you still have the node
checked-out in the workspace while trying to remove the base version of
that node.
Since the node uses a reference property to refer to the base version
I think the above exception is correct and to be expected.

Have you tried to remove the node before trying to remove the versions
from the version history?
(And I believe that it is pointless to remove "mix:versionable".)

> removing jcr:rootVersion throws "Removal of
> {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}rootVersion not allowed."
> That makes at least two constant record of all removed nodes as informational
> garbage in JCR repository. (in a long run it produces lot's and lot's of
> records in persistance storage)
It is true that using the current JCR API you cannot remove the
empty version history (including the root version in Jackrabbit).
Personally, I believe that this could be solved with a "information
garbage collection" admin job.

Nevertheless, I think that the legal requirement of destroying the
relevant information should be met, since neither the root version
nor the empty version history hold any information whatsoever.
Is that correct?

regards,
david