jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: creating node
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:35:53 GMT
Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the explanation.

If you are worried about locking a particular location in the
workspace tree, you can use a "private" temporary location
to construct your node tree, save and then use
Workspace.move() to move the tree atomically into the
appropriate location without locking the destination at all.

Generally, I think that we could look into making removing
the illegal state on the parent node for "mergable" child
additions and removals.

This would require some rework of the Jackrabbit
internals but would in my mind be a valuable extension.
So if you feel like this would be a good way to resolve
your issue in the long term feel free to file a jira issue.

regards,
david

On 8/24/06, Ramesh Devaraj <r.devaraj@maas.de> wrote:

> Hi
>
>  I my use case I want minimize time between locking and unlocking.
>
>  In Detail:
>
>   1. I don't to lock the parent node than create a child node than save and unlock it
(here other threads working parallel has wait for long time until it is unlocked)

> 2. If I create a child node than I am not able to lock its parent (API throws the exception
"Unable to lock node. Node has pending changes")

> So I want create node which is not attached/added to the workspace e.g. in the memory
>
> Now I can lock the parent node & add the newly created child than save than unlock
(here I can save some time between lock and unlock)

> Regards
> ramesh
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

nodes in a single location say ("/bag").

> In my personal experience I have found that users who would like to create nodes without
meaningful paths, usually base their content model on a somewhat suboptimal nodetype design
and usually do not take the benefits of hierarchical operations into consideration like access
control inheritance, deep locks, meaningful exports, etc...

> Maybe you can elaborate on your use case a little more.
>
> regards,
> david 'users@jackrabbit.apache.org'; 'david.nuescheler@day.com'

http://jcr.day.com JCR in Action!

mailto:david.nuescheler@day.com