jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: creating node
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:53:37 GMT
Every node in a workspace has a path.

If the path is irrelevant to you application you can for example
create all the "unfiled" nodes in a single location say ("/bag").

In my personal experience I have found that users who would like to
create nodes without meaningful paths, usually base their content
model on a somewhat suboptimal nodetype design and usually
do not take the benefits of hierarchical operations into consideration
like access control inheritance, deep locks, meaningful exports, etc...

Maybe you can elaborate on your use case a little more.

regards,
david