jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replacing default indexer for normal String properties
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 06:33:04 GMT
> Hi,

> > The first idea that came to my mind was that I can parse the HTML/XML
> > fragment is store it in a separate String property and when doing
> > searches to use this one instead of the original. However, I am
> > wondering if there is any other option.
>
> I think that's the only feasible option for now.
>
> It would be cool to have configurable node-type specific indexers in
> addition to the current mime-type ones, perhaps a feature to be added
> later on?

Hi Jukka!

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.
Indeed, in the long run this may be a nice to have feature . For the
moment, I am not sure how needed it is, because I have searched the
whole ML and couldn't find anything similar, so it looks like I am for
the moment the only one in need - and as I already said, I have a
workaround for it.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.