jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shanmugam Gopal" <haishanmu...@hotmail.com>
Subject FW: Custom Node Types XML
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:46:47 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to create a custom node by extending nt:resource so that I can
add some custom properties to that node.

Following is the Custom_nodetypes.xml configuration.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<nodeTypes xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0"
xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" xmlns:rep="internal"
xmlns:sv="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/sv/1.0"
xmlns:plateau="http://www.apache.org/jackrabbit/plateau"
xmlns:mix="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/mix/1.0">
<nodeType name="plateau:resource" isMixin="false"
hasOrderableChildNodes="false" primaryItemName="jcr:data">

     <supertypes>

             <supertype>nt:resource</supertype>

     </supertypes>

     <propertyDefinition name="plateau:username" requiredType="String"
autoCreated="false" mandatory="false" onParentVersion="COPY"
protected="false" multiple="false"/>

     <propertyDefinition name="plateau:Author" requiredType="String"
autoCreated="false" mandatory="false" onParentVersion="COPY"
protected="false" multiple="false"/>

</nodeType>
</nodeTypes>

But I am getting the Following ClassCastException while registering this
custom node.

>java.lang.ClassCastException
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.util.DOMWalker.iterateElements(DOMWalker.java
>:219)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.xml.NodeTypeReader.getNodeTypeDefs(N
>odeTypeReader.java:118)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.xml.NodeTypeReader.read(NodeTypeRead
>er.java:64)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeDefStore.load(NodeTypeDefSto
>re.java:54)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.loadCustomNodeTypeD
>efs(NodeTypeRegistry.java:1681)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.<init>(NodeTypeRegi
>stry.java:210)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.create(NodeTypeRegi
>stry.java:123)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createNodeTypeRegistry(Reposit
>oryImpl.java:501)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:238
>)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:514
>)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RepositoryStartupServlet.createRepository(Rep
>ositoryStartupServlet.java:301)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RepositoryStartupServlet.initRepository(Repos
>itoryStartupServlet.java:272)
>
>         at
>org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RepositoryStartupServlet.init(RepositoryStart
>upServlet.java:189)
>
>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)

Is there any wrong with the custom node definition ??

Regards,
Shanmugam G

Shah Rukh fan? Know all about the Baadshah of Bollywood. On MSN Search
http://server1.msn.co.in/profile/shahrukh.asp