jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Neale" <michael.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject OutOfMemory - adding lots of nodes in one session
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:19:15 GMT
I am using a single session instance to add a large number of nodes in a
"flat" structure (the nodes are consist of about 7 simple properties
(Strings mostly, and a short, not documents).

It screams through for about the first 100 nodes, but then slows down in
that familiar exponential way, generally failing around 500 nodes. If I
start it up again, and continue adding more, it powers on just fine.

I remember reading that the idea is to have a more hierarchical structure,
but I still think a few thousand flat nodes is not unreasonable? (especially
if it is database backed).

Any ideas? please help.

(FYI I am using TransientRepository with the defaults).