jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Neale" <michael.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Migration - repository changes over time
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:28:04 GMT
I am a brand new user to jackrabbit JCR, and have been enjoying listening in
on the forum.

One question I have had is people ideas regarding coping with changes to a
repository for a running system over time.

Say we have well defined node types, but want to add properties, or new node
types (possibly as children) to a system with a considerable amount of data
- what are the best ways of designing for that scenario? What would be
involved in a migration should one be needed?

Of course, using nt:unstructured is kind of an ugly way, but I am sure I am
missing something more obvious.

Any ideas/tips much appreciated.

Michael.