jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: loading custom nodetypes
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 16:17:35 GMT
On 8/3/06, JavaJ <ponfar99@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to tell Jackrabbit to automatically load custom nodetypes from
> CND file on startup?  It seems to work with putting custom_nodetypes.xml in
> the nodetypes directory, but I can't get it to work with a cnd file.  Do you
> have to load it manually?

custom_nodetypes.xml is used internally for persisting node types
registered through the api. it's *not* meant to be user-provided/manipulated.

btw, it's trivial to 'load' a cnd manually, e.g.

            JackrabbitNodeTypeManager manager = (JackrabbitNodeTypeManager)
                    session.getWorkspace().getNodeTypeManager();
            manager.registerNodeTypes(new FileInputStream("d:/temp/test.cnd"),
                    JackrabbitNodeTypeManager.TEXT_X_JCR_CND);

cheers
stefan