jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: More questions about versioning
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:04:43 GMT
well, you can't modify anything below NodeA whilst it is checked-in.
so, you would need to checkout NodeA (and NodeB) before you can add
NodeC.
but whenever you would restore version 1.2 of NodeA, you'll get the
exact same state when you created 1.2 (if NodeB has OPV=Copy).

regards, toby

On 8/17/06, JavaJ <ponfar99@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks!  I read through the spec some more and it takes more sense now...
>
> One more question:
>
> Let's say you had a versionable NodeA (v1.2) with a versionable child node
> NodeB (v1.0), with attribute onParentVersion=COPY.  You checkout NodeB and
> add a new non-versionable node NodeC (onParentVersion=COPY) to NodeB, then
> checkin a new version of NodeB (v1.1).  Although the spec doesn't seem to
> specify what happens (if anything) to NodeA, I would think that the state of
> NodeA in the version storage of v1.2 would have to be updated to include
> NodeC as a new child of NodeB.  OR NodeA would have to be automatically
> versioned to a new version v1.3 that includes NodeC as a child of NodeB.
> Otherwise, NodeA would be in an inconsistent state, because it would have a
> base version of v1.2 which points to a state of NodeA in version storage
> that does not include NodeC as a child of NodeB.  Does that sound right?
>

> --
> Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users forum at Nabble.com.

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97