jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: importing / restoring repository content
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:34:44 GMT
i would create a '/jcr:content' node, under which you store all your data.
this is more easy to import/export since it does not tangle the
jcr:system (unfortunately, there are not include/exclude filters for
exporting/importing).

the nodetypes can be exported, but not imported, since they are a
read-only representation of the node type registry. if you need to
import them again from a sysview serialization, you would need to
write a tool.

regards, toby

On 8/3/06, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:
> What's the best way to restore content from an export file?
>
> I've tried importing content with path /jcr:root as parent, with
> ImportUUIDBehavior.IMPORT_UUID_COLLISION_THROW, with a file containing
> exported content from the root of a different repository.
>
> This fails with
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: /jcr:root/jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes:
> cannot add a child to a protected node
>
> which I believe is technically correct. My aim was to get the option of
> repository movability, which would imply that node types would
> automatically be transported over by the export file. Do I have to do
> this manually, exporting only explicitly made children of /jcr:root,
> avoiding jcr:system?
>
> --
> -Torgeir

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97