jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From c <oneskiingf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Browser Based WYSIWYG Editors and Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:59:08 GMT
Thanks everybody for your responses.  You gave me some good leads to chase
down.

Shane, I actually tried out the dojo editor a while back (not the save
method you're talking about, just a UI test).  As with most dojo stuff, it
was nicely featured, but at least when I tried it, it had very serious
performance problems in Internet Explorer (most of their stuff seems OK with
Firefox).  Just downloading/instantiating the editor in IE would cause my
CPU to hit 100% for some time while I had to sit their and wait. If you had
a better experience, please let me know.

As for the suggested CMS's (Alfresco, Magnolia, etc).  I have looked at the
online demo of a few of these.  One of my major concerns was being to
integrate them directly into my app.  They just seemed so 'big' and didn't
really give me any clues to integration (but they looked really nice as
standalone).  I'll take a 2nd look at Magnolia and Alfresco though since you
guys gave me some new info.  Thanks.