jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From c <oneskiingf...@gmail.com>
Subject Browser Based WYSIWYG Editors and Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 07:30:25 GMT
Hello,
First, I apologize for being slightly off-topic.  I'm VERY new to all this
CMS, JCR, WebDav kind of stuff.  I've been searching all day for a solution
for some of my relatively simple requirements.  When I say 'simple', I mean
that all of the open source CMS solutions I've found are way overkill for
what I need.  Anyway, in short, Jackrabbit looks like exactly what I've been
looking for.
However, I still have one (at least) missing link in my knowledge.  One
requirement I have is to provide an online WYSIWYG editor whose document can
be stored in and retrieved from this Jackrabbit repository.  I see that some
project like Lenya provide this out of the box.  But like I said, projects
like that are overkill for my relatively small document management
requirements.

I have no clue what it would take to take a WYSIWYG editor like Kupu or
BitFlux have them store and retrieve their documents in Jackrabbit.  Could
somebody provide a little guidance on amount of effort that would be
involved?  Where to start looking (technologies, API's, etc)?  Or some
suggested WYSIWYG editors?  Or just tell me I'm nuts.

Thank You