jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ramesh Devaraj" <r.deva...@maas.de>
Subject creating node
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:42:33 GMT

Hi

 I my use case I want minimize time between locking and unlocking.

 In Detail:

   1. I don't to lock the parent node than create a child node than save and unlock it (here
other threads working parallel has wait for long time until it is unlocked)

2. If I create a child node than I am not able to lock its parent (API throws the exception
"Unable to lock node. Node has pending changes")

So I want create node which is not attached/added to the workspace e.g. in the memory

Now I can lock the parent node & add the newly created child than save than unlock (here
I can save some time between lock and unlock)

Regards
ramesh

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: David Nuescheler [mailto:david.nuescheler@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. August 2006 15:54
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: creating node

Every node in a workspace has a path.

If the path is irrelevant to you application you can for example create all the "unfiled"
nodes in a single location say ("/bag").

In my personal experience I have found that users who would like to create nodes without meaningful
paths, usually base their content model on a somewhat suboptimal nodetype design and usually
do not take the benefits of hierarchical operations into consideration like access control
inheritance, deep locks, meaningful exports, etc...

Maybe you can elaborate on your use case a little more.

regards,
david 'users@jackrabbit.apache.org'; 'david.nuescheler@day.com'