jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ramesh Devaraj" <r.deva...@maas.de>
Subject AW: creating node
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:30:52 GMT

 I my use case I want minimize time between locking and unlocking.

 In Detail:

   1. I don't to lock the parent node than create a child node than save and unlock it (here
other threads working parallel has wait for long time until it is unlocked)

2. If I create a child node than I am not able to lock its parent (API throws the exception
"Unable to lock node. Node has pending changes")

So I want create node which is attached/added to the workspace e.g. in the memory

Now I can lock the parent node & add the newly created child than save than unlock (here
I can save some time between lock and unlock)

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: David Nuescheler [mailto:david.nuescheler@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. August 2006 15:54
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: creating node

Every node in a workspace has a path.

If the path is irrelevant to you application you can for example
create all the "unfiled" nodes in a single location say ("/bag").

In my personal experience I have found that users who would like to
create nodes without meaningful paths, usually base their content
model on a somewhat suboptimal nodetype design and usually
do not take the benefits of hierarchical operations into consideration
like access control inheritance, deep locks, meaningful exports, etc...

Maybe you can elaborate on your use case a little more.

View raw message