jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From JavaJ <ponfa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: More questions about versioning
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 20:34:11 GMT

Thanks!  I read through the spec some more and it clears things up now..

One more question:

Let's say you had a versionable NodeA (v1.2) with a versionable child node
NodeB (v1.0), with attribute onParentVersion=COPY.  You checkout NodeB and
add a new non-versionable node NodeC (onParentVersion=COPY) to NodeB, then
checkin a new version of NodeB (v1.1).  Although the spec doesn't seem to
specify what happens (if anything) to NodeA, I would think that the state of
NodeA in the version storage of v1.2 would have to be updated to include
NodeC as a new child of NodeB.  OR NodeA would have to be automatically
versioned to a new version v1.3 that includes NodeC as a child of NodeB.
Otherwise, NodeA would be in an inconsistent state, because it would have a
base version of v1.2 which points to a state of NodeA in version storage
that does not include NodeC as a child of NodeB.  Does that sound right?

Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users forum at Nabble.com.