jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Maxim Suponya" <maxim1...@gmail.com>
Subject Deployment model 3, accessing repository via RMI.
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:37:41 GMT
Hello,

This is probably a silly question but I just don't get it, why local and
remote implementations can't share same interfaces? I was playing with local
access to jackrabbit and had written, for example, printNode(Node n) method.
Now I'm trying to deploy jackrabbit as a repository server that would be
accessed via RMI and now i have to rewrite same logic with different
interfaces: printNode(RemoteNode rn). How cool would it be if I could just
cast RemoteSession to Session and forget about how exactly repository is
being accessed?

Is there any guide or a mail-list thread about deploying jackrabbit as a
server and accesing it from other JVMs?

Thank you.

Maxim.

PS: JCR sounds like a realy great and promising tool, I'm very excited about
it!