jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From JavaJ <ponfa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Locallized labels
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 23:59:43 GMT

For each node, I'd like to define properties that basically collections of
label-locale pairs.  In Java, I would do something like this:

class LocalizedLabel {
  String label;
  String locale;
}

class MyNode {
  LocalizedLabel[] localizedNames;
  LocalizedLabel[] localizedDescriptions;
  ..

}

Is there a way to do this in Jackrabbit/JSR-170?  The closest I could come
up with making the localized labels child nodes.   Something like this:

[cm:localizedLabel] > nt:base,mix:referenceable,mix:lockable
- cm:locale (string) = 'en' mandatory autocreated copy
- cm:label (string) mandatory copy

[cm:MyNode] > nt:base,mix:referenceable,mix:versionable
- cm:definitionName mandatory
- cm:model mandatory
- cm:shared (boolean) = 'false'
+ cm:title (cm:localizedLabel) = cm:localizedLabel copy
+ cm:description (cm:localizedLabel) = cm:localizedLabel copy

But this is kind of awkward because title and description should be
properties on the node, not child nodes.  Has anyone come up with a better
way on modeling this problem?

Thanks.
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users forum at Nabble.com.