jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: problems with re-indexing the workspace
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:44:32 GMT
Hi,

On 8/29/06, Nicolas <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought you had to be a committer to create issue on Jira.

No, anyone can create and comment on issues once they have a Jira
account. And anyone can create an account on the ASF Jira
installation.

BTW, the are a few reason why we prefer the people who are reporting
an issue to file it in Jira themselves instead of some of the
committers doing that based on a mailing list discussion. The main
reason is to keep the original reporter in the loop if more details
are needed, other reasons include reducing the amount of work by a
developer, making people more familiar with the development tools used
by the Jackrabbit project and the ASF in general, and having a clear
record of the license grant if the issue report contains a patch or a
test case that we want to include in Jackrabbit.

That said; Christian, I'll of course file the issue for you if you
like, but if it's not too much trouble I'd like to encourage you to do
it yourself.

BR,

Jukka Zitting