jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems with re-indexing the workspace
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:50:41 GMT
Hi,

On 8/28/06, Christian Zanata <christian.zanata@wavegroup.it> wrote:
> [ERROR] 20060825 17:06:40
> (org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.ObservationManagerFactory) -
> Synchronous EventConsumer threw exception. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>
> This error seems happening when the repository tries to re-index the
> workspace, but we don't have more stack traces.
> [...]
> could anybody heps us to understand what's happening?

There are two likely causes for that; either Lucene is running out of
memory while merging the index segments, or one of the index filters
runs out of memory trying to parse one of the binary documents in the
repository. Without a complete stack trace it is difficult to
determine the exact cause of the problems.

You might want to try modifying the Lucene parameters in the
SearchIndex configuration. See the Lucene documentation for options
that affect memory usage.

BR,

Jukka Zitting