jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Standard remote access
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 00:48:42 GMT

On 8/28/06, Harry Moore <harry.moore@eyestreet.com> wrote:
> Does that mean it is up to me to setup the RMI adapter on each vendors'
> system or do vendors generally provide this?

I don't really know if or how other vendors are using JCR-RMI. If a
repository doesn't come with JCR-RMI support, it is still very easy to
make it remotely accessible. In essence you need the following piece
of code to make it happen:

    Repository repository = ...; // The local repository
    String name = ...; // The RMI URL for the repository

    RemoteAdapterFactory factory = new ServerAdapterFactory();
    RemoteRepository remote = factory.getRemoteRepository(repository);
    Naming.bind(name, remote);  // Make the RMI binding using java.rmi.Naming

Jukka Zitting